Re: Owner's Manual

  • j28sailor50
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 30, 2009
      Roy,

      Anytime you get a chance to scan and post it would be great. I have never seen the manual and would like to have a copy.

      Thanks,
      Bruce

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "Lenny" <lsreich@...> wrote:

      > No, I never did scan the owner's manual. Roy and Pat have my copy, which is aboard their new boat.
      >
      > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "J. Smith" <jason3317@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Lenny - do you have this in electronic format. If so, maybe you can post?
      > >
      > > Thx.
      > > Jason

    • Philip Stathos
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2009
        Just closed on the purchase of J28 #58 Spindrift last week.

        Very excited about finding the J28 and discovering the forum which has great information.

        Our odyssey to buy a boat began over a year ago and included consideration of  2 Sabre 30 Mark III's, 2 Frers 30's, Lenny's (of this Forum) J28 which was a great boat, and finally on Hull #58 J28 Spindrift which was sailed out of Marblehead since it was built in '87.

        We plan on sailing out of Marion, MA where we have kept two previous boats, (a C&C 25 and a C&C 34).  Open invitation to J28 sailors visiting Buzzards Bay and Marion!

        I have a crew of three small boys 10,7,5 so the goal is getting them out on the water before other activities try crowd out sailing.  We have motivated them through the Disney movie "Morning Light", which I highly recommend to all in the sailing community.

        Have many projects to complete before spring and look forward to getting advice from the group.

        Regards,

        Phil

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2009
          I did get the 75 page manual scanned in but haven't posted it yet on the site. I'll work on that this week. I may have problems posting the whole manual in one file because of the size, but I have a backup plan to post it in 10-15 page increments, which is how I scanned it in.

          To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
          From: misailor@...
          Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:56:13 +0000