Re: J/28 # 11 'WHALAYED'

  • jfws88
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26 6:40 PM
      The boat handles great with the kite up. I can runn witht he kite right up about 110 apparant wind.

      I also have aJ/30 chute that I race with It's a bit bigger and powers up really nice.

      John

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, Jason Smith <jason3317@...> wrote:

      > Very cool. I do not have a spinnaker, so I am always a tad jealous of big
      > kite pics.
      >
      > Out of curiousity, how does your boat handle under spinnaker?
      >
      > On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM, jfws88 <jfws88@...> wrote:
      >

      > > I've posted some pic's of my boat under sail My favorite is the pic passing
      > > the lighthouse. The lighthouse is the beavertail lighthouse on the southern
      > > tip of Jamestown RI. WE on our way to Block Island.
      > >
      > > John
      > >
      > > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com <J28Sailors%40yahoogroups.com>, "jfws88"
      > > <jfws88@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi Everyone, I cruise and race my J28 in Naragansett bay, BI sound and
      > > Vinyard sound. I've had my boat for 6 years and done a few upgrades and
      > > modification. I also have tons of pictures both with the spinnaker and
      > > without.
      > > >
      > > > Stay tuned
      > > >
      > > > John

    • andersenhans15
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
        --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "jfws88" <jfws88@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone, I cruise and race my J28 in Naragansett bay, BI sound and Vinyard sound. I've had my boat for 6 years and done a few upgrades and modification. I also have tons of pictures both with the spinnaker and without.
        >
        > Stay tuned
        >
        > John

        Hi John,
        Would you like to share the modification's thay you have made to yourJ 28.
        Andersenhans15
      • jfws88
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
          Sure Andy,

          For starters I've posted pictures of my traveller arrangement and it works great for adjusting the traveller from just about anywhere. I also show an instrement pod I built for over the companion way. I still nee to take the old instements out and fill the holes. I also moved my batteryies to under the starboard sette. I cut the sette bottom in half and keep one half screwwed in place over the fuel tank/ the other piece I leave loose for access to the batteries and the reaiming storage. I have two group24 batteries. I'll take some pic when I get a round toit.

          John