Yes, I sold my J/28

  • Lenny
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2009
      I didn't want to say anything until the sale was final, and that just happened two days ago on the 25th. Roy and Pat, who live in southern New Hampshire, bought my J/28 and will be taking it a good ways down the Maine coast -- almost to Massachusetts, as we Mainers say. They have already joined the forum, and I wish them great sailing for many years to come. I know that they won't be disappointed in this boat.

      And, yes, I now have a gorgeous J/40, which we have named "Watermusic." There have been five previous boats by that name in the family, dating back to 1981.

      The fact that I went for a J/40 is in fact a strong vote of confidence in the J/28, as the boats were in production at the same time, are very similar in design, with the main exception being the masthead rig on the J/40. And, of course, the J/40 is just a wee bit bigger ;-)

      I honestly had no intention of moving to a larger boat so soon. I was just beginning to look into serious cruising boats for my retirement in three to five years when this beauty came on the market at an attractive price, and very nearby in Camden, Maine. I only went to have a look -- no harm in that, right? Then my wife only went to see the boat in order to appease me, as she was set against doing anything so foolish quite so soon. After 10 minutes aboard, her tune changed entirely, and within a few weeks, we owned it. You can see a couple of photos at at the bottom of this web page:
      http://members.dslextreme.com/users/sded/gallery.htm

      So, there you have it. I will certainly keep lurking about on the J/28 forum and put in a thing or two if it seems helpful. Jason Smith has kindly agreed to take over as moderator, so if you have any complaints -- please direct them to him!

      Best to all -- Lenny