Re: [J28Sailors] Re: J/28 # 11 'WHALAYED'

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26 6:08 PM
      Very cool.  I do not have a spinnaker, so I am always a tad jealous of big kite pics.

      Out of curiousity, how does your boat handle under spinnaker?

      On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM, jfws88 <jfws88@...> wrote:

      I've posted some pic's of my boat under sail My favorite is the pic passing the lighthouse. The lighthouse is the beavertail lighthouse on the southern tip of Jamestown RI. WE on our way to Block Island.

      John

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "jfws88" <jfws88@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone, I cruise and race my J28 in Naragansett bay, BI sound and Vinyard sound. I've had my boat for 6 years and done a few upgrades and modification. I also have tons of pictures both with the spinnaker and without.
      >
      > Stay tuned
      >
      > John

    • jfws88
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 26 6:40 PM
        The boat handles great with the kite up. I can runn witht he kite right up about 110 apparant wind.

        I also have aJ/30 chute that I race with It's a bit bigger and powers up really nice.

        John

        --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, Jason Smith <jason3317@...> wrote:

        > Very cool. I do not have a spinnaker, so I am always a tad jealous of big
        > kite pics.
        >
        > Out of curiousity, how does your boat handle under spinnaker?
        >
        > On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:52 PM, jfws88 <jfws88@...> wrote:
        >

        > > I've posted some pic's of my boat under sail My favorite is the pic passing
        > > the lighthouse. The lighthouse is the beavertail lighthouse on the southern
        > > tip of Jamestown RI. WE on our way to Block Island.
        > >
        > > John
        > >
        > > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com <J28Sailors%40yahoogroups.com>, "jfws88"
        > > <jfws88@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi Everyone, I cruise and race my J28 in Naragansett bay, BI sound and
        > > Vinyard sound. I've had my boat for 6 years and done a few upgrades and
        > > modification. I also have tons of pictures both with the spinnaker and
        > > without.
        > > >
        > > > Stay tuned
        > > >
        > > > John

      • andersenhans15
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
          --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "jfws88" <jfws88@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone, I cruise and race my J28 in Naragansett bay, BI sound and Vinyard sound. I've had my boat for 6 years and done a few upgrades and modification. I also have tons of pictures both with the spinnaker and without.
          >
          > Stay tuned
          >
          > John

          Hi John,
          Would you like to share the modification's thay you have made to yourJ 28.
          Andersenhans15
        • jfws88
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2009
            Sure Andy,

            For starters I've posted pictures of my traveller arrangement and it works great for adjusting the traveller from just about anywhere. I also show an instrement pod I built for over the companion way. I still nee to take the old instements out and fill the holes. I also moved my batteryies to under the starboard sette. I cut the sette bottom in half and keep one half screwwed in place over the fuel tank/ the other piece I leave loose for access to the batteries and the reaiming storage. I have two group24 batteries. I'll take some pic when I get a round toit.

            John