Annapolis Boat Show

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 22, 2009
      Who is planning on attending the show? If there is enough owners
      going, maybe we can all get together for lunch on Saturday.

      Jason
    • Lenny
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009
        Jason: How was the boat show? I was hoping to make it down, but life (in the form of various obligations) got in the way. I have been to the Annapolis sailboat show two or three times -- it's really great if the crowds don't get in the way. Lenny

      • jason3317@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 12, 2009
          The show was good. Got to talk extensively with Alan & Rod Johnstone, more than in past years. The J/95 is nice, but let me tell you guys, there is no way you're going to use the head in any conditions except calm. There is seriously thin headroom in this thing. The /97 is equally nice and very racy...being optimized for IRC. It will never happen, but a wheel steering option would be nice for the US. Did not like the non-skid on either, it being the sandpaper rough finish, a la Catalina. What happened to the diamond tread pattern? They had an illustration of the new J/111 just announced...pretty cool looking...but I bet it will be big $$$.

          Probably the biggest unofficial news is that Rod seems to really want to do a 40 cruiser using the /95 hull form....possibly with a keel / centerboad, but definitely w the twin rudder config he designed. Hopefully, by cruiser, they mean a bit more wood and standing headroom. We shall see. Would not expect an announcement before this time next year.

          There were no Sabres, other than 386 from brokerage....crazy...they lost their spot in Ego Alley...been there for years. The Friendship 75 ft cat was unbeleivably big.

          Got a really good price from Evolution sails for a new 120% carbon/aramid string sail.

          Otherwise, a good show, no money spent besides for Fleet Reserve pit beef sammies.

          All the best.

          From: "Lenny" <lsreich@...>
          Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 00:54:30 -0000
          To: <J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com>