963Re: [J28Sailors] Re: Another 28 for sale

    Apr 30 4:47 PM
      Hey

      Sorry your last email went into spam

      Let me know what you would like pics of and Ill take some (maybe early next week. I have to travel out of town fri thru sunday and pouring rain here)
      One other person coming to see her next week, but no serious offers yet.

      I am thinking my boat is worth 35k?

      Going rate for a decent boat seems to be aroun 28k+  ( I know the one listed now for 26 and passed it over) the ones listed on line in the 35s probably reflect the inflated price the brokers ask with commission.

      So the boat is worth around 28
      Mine has new rudder bearing, updated engine (exhaust/batteries alternator, filters, etc) All hatches rebuilt. dodger serviced last year, recent electronics and jensen sound, paint on mast. Very good Doyle main, brand new Doyle radial genoa Good Tape drive racing 155, two very good spinnakers, spare main and older but useable genoas, new fresh water pump, deck recored, bottom was stripped a few years ago..in very good shape needs sanding and a coat of paint

      New Genoa used 2 days last fall  1600

      I have a new Zodiac Zoom inflatable (never in water)  1000

      New Martec Prol (900) and spare

      Trailer 4k  (bought off J28 site...will save on delivery over using a boat moving co's rig)  Saves me about 500 on storage and having the boat outside to work on is a huge time saver.
      Trailer would fit multiple boats and is way overbuilt.

      The boat does need some cosmetics.  The hull is overdue for a compound and wax,  I have not finished out the area I had to cut open for the recore, and there is some marking on the deck that I painted,
      The lifelines are older and should be inspected.

      Several things have changed on this end (work, family etc), not really wanting to sell, but no since in having her just sit.  She could be sailing with a couple days work on bottom paint and wax.
      I had some ideas about fairing in the repair work in the cabin (you would not see it unless u you looked, and I think I have some ideas on blending it into the headliner that would look pretty slick)

      Let me know what you would like to see and Ill get on it asap

      Feel free to call eves with other questions 8603050657...usually eves around 9 is best, out of town this weekend

      JP

      On Apr 16, 2014, at 6:44 PM, phil.borders@... wrote:

      JP,
       I did receive your message. Would like to see more pics when you have time.  How much are you asking?

      Thanks,
      Phil

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic