897Re: [J28Sailors] Propeller advice plz

    Jul 14, 2013
      I HAVE A MARTEC ON MY BOAT NOW,  I WISH I HAD SAVED A LITTLE LONGER AND BOUGHT A VARIFOLD, MAX PROP OR GORI... THE MARTEC VIBRATES A BIT BUT OTHEWISE ITS PRETTY GOOD.

      I ORIGINALLY TRIED TO SAVE A FEW BUCKS AND BOUGHT A MARTEC 16X14 OFF OF EBAY.  THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PROP THAT JBOAT/TPI PUT ON THE BOAT AND ITS A BIT OVERPROPED BUT STILL GOOD.
      THE REASON WHY I WENT NEW IS THAT THIS PROP NEEDS TO BE BALANCED.

      I WOULD LIKE TO GET SOME OF MY MONEY BACK AND WOULD SELL IT FAIRLY CHEAP IF YOU JUST WANTED A PROP TO GET YOU BY FOR A SEASON OR TWO. I COULD HAVE MY MARINA GET IT BALANCED AND SHIP IT OUT IN AWEEK IF YOU ARE INTERSTED.  I ALSO HAVE AN OLDER 3 BLADE PROP THAT CAME WITH MY BOAT (FIXED) ITS A BIT MUCH, BUT AGAIN YOU COULD GET BY WITH IT IN A PINCH. I WILL GIVE YOU THE THREE BLADE IF YOU WANT TO BUY MY MARTEC.

      YOU CAN EMAIL ME DIRECTLY AT SAILINGMASTER@...

      GLAD TO HEAR YOU HAVE A 28, WELCOME TO THE CULT!  YOU WILL LOVE THE BOAT!

      JP

      On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:08 PM, wymanfrank wrote:

      My newly acquired J28, hull #8, arrives in Charleston tonight! I've got a bit of work before refloating. Survey says fixed 2 blade prop is shot and needs replacing. I'd really like a nice folding (probably 3 blade max Prop) but my boat kitty is now really low and I'm pretty certain this is where I can cut a grand or more. I've decided to put off the purchase of a nice folding prop for a year or so and go with a inexpensive fixed prop for now. Any advice on makes/models that are inexpensive (relative to folding)? 2 or 3 blade?

      Thanks!
      Frank

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic