702Re: [J28Sailors] Re: Questions for the group

  • Frank Francis
    Mar 8, 2013
      Use a heat gun and peel it off. It can burn the wood if you're not careful. Sanding takes wood off with it. The heat gun worked great on my Cape Dory, and she had a lot of teak!

      Frank

      On Mar 8, 2013, at 12:02 PM, sailingmaster@... wrote:

      I LIKE SIMPLE TEAK OIL FOR THE WASE OF USE AND CLEAN UP....MY QUESTION IS MORE HOW TO GET THE OLD STUFF OFF WITH MINIMAL MESS AND EFFORT

      (MAYBE IM DREAMING AND SHOULD JUST GET OUT THE SANDPAPER....LOL)

      On Mar 8, 2013, at 12:49 PM, David Hastings wrote:

      I've always used Semco teak sealer on my top sides. It's easy to apply and maintain as it has no oil but it does require a couple of applications per season.

      On Mar 8, 2013, at 11:32 AM, hansandsharon@... wrote:

      Hi John,
      I have used CETOL on my Boats and still using it on My J28, I use sandpaper and on top I can use an electric sander
      Then two coats of new CETOL after a season I just brush on some on the top and it works well for about 3 years
      in my climate on Lake StClair Michigan area
      Good luck, let us know how you make our with all of it
      Hans
      J28
      "Last Dance"