66Re: Jazz #289 Hull number 9

  • jfws88
    Jun 12, 2009
      Regarding tuning, I'found that using tuning guides from a J30 give pretty good results. The rigs and performance chactoristics are very similar of the two boats in fact I fly a used j30 spinnaker. Attached is the UK version but there are others. I havn't found a source of the polars that I could read but I bet it's because I havn't looked hard enough. The J30 class site is a good source of info.

      Lenny, good news on the link from J boats. I also sent them an email request for the link.

      Somtime this weekend I'll post a letter I received from Rod Johnston regarding my PHRF rateing appeal a couple of years ago.

      As far as I'm concerned they're a great bunch of folks to deal with.

      http://www.ukhalsey.com/sails/onedesign/j30/J30Tuning.pdf

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "j28sailor50" <misailor@...> wrote:

      > Good information on tuning. Has anyone from the group seen or done a Polar Diagram for a J28?

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic