648Re: The J-28 Market

  • kellett51
    Jan 23, 2013
      Roy, your upsizing co-incides with our downsizing. You can find our current baot, a 35ft Wauquiez Pretorien on the YachtWorld website (its the one in Noank). The Pretorien is designed to cross oceans and in fact Hal Roth sailed his Pretorien around the world.

      JURA's equipment compliment may be of interest. Its the gear we needed for the type of cruising we have been doing for the last 10 years. I would not add this much gear to a J-28, too heavy and expensive.

      You asked what price bracket we would be in for our J-28 search. And yes, you are right on with the $25K - 30K bracket. I could easily see us making a $30K offer on a J-28 in good condition and well equiped.

      Cheers, Bill