437Re: [J28Sailors] Diesel questions continued

  • John Power
    Jun 1, 2011
      Sounds good. I will check it. Im just wondering why it will run fine for 10-20 mins, then the rpms get funky, then it goes away.
      Seems to me if there was an air leak like you describe, it would show up as soon as the engine started.  Still I amgoing to follow your advice....

      I am goingt toand check my foredeck too. My surveyor completely missed a spot at the starboard chainplate. That will be my upside down project later this summer since I am already in the water, luckily I think I found it early and i can probably use a dremel or fein sander and dig out between the glass layers of the deck and pack glass in there to restore the integrity of the area and block out furthe water penetration. I plan on removing everything this winter, drying out the core as much as possible with some acetone and rebedding, hoping to avoid the whole re core issue as long as possible

      Thanks for the advice.

      JP

      On Jun 01, 2011, at 01:09 PM, John <jfws88@...> wrote:

      JP, my guess is you have a very small air leak in the fuel system that is closing up with thermal expansion. I'd double check all the hose clamps on the fuel lines and take out and clean or at least tighten the bleed screw on the top of the primary filter.
      If the filter was the problem it wouldn't go away with temperature and would get worst as you loaded the moter or rev'ed it up.

      John