      From: "Marc" <j28_59@...>
      To: J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:45:12 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
      Subject: [J28Sailors] Re: New Member/cockpit drain

      Hi Bruce,
      If I remember right I went through the same thought process as you, so yesterday I emptied my locker and climed in there to checked the hose to see what size I used but I couldn't find anything on the hose. So this morning I went through my receipts and found that I bought 2 1/4" hose in May 2007. I think that the end of the tube is like you say, a little over 2" but there was a taper and the tube increased in diameter as it got closer to the hull. I think it was from being glassed in and painted over. So the "superseal tape" helped with the uneveness as well as to increase the OD of the tube. It was pretty difficult to bend the short section of hose and get it onto the tube so I thought the larger hose would give me an advantage. Good luck with your project however you proceed.
      Cheers,
      Marc
      Thumper J/28 #59

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, Bruce Morrison <brucemorrison@...> wrote:

      > Hi Marc
      >

      > Thanks for the tip about Fisheries Supply, what a great resource. Although the ship yard originally used 2 1/4" hose for the scupper drains the through-hull tube is only a little over 2" OD. Fisheries Supply has 2 1/8" flexible exhaust hose. Do you think this would be the best bet as you said you had to build up the through-hull tube.
      >

      > Thanks for your interest. Bruce

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic