28Re: PHRF Rating

  • jfws88
    May 4, 2009
      Lenny,

      The base for NB is 168 and I get a 6 sec credit for small genny, 135% and a cruising head sail meaning it my primary sail and stays on the furler. I had to appeal to get this rating they first had me rated with a base of 154. It was really hard to compete with that.According to Rod Johnston the J28 should be rated even with the j24s at 171 base. PHRF NE rates a little different.

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "Lenny Reich" <lsreich@...> wrote:

      > John: How did you get a PHRF rating of 196? The PHRF New England base rating for the boat is 171, and that assumes just main and genoa up to 135%, I believe. I am very interested because I'm about to apply for a rating to race my J/28 in Maine waters, and the local handicapper normally starts with the PHRF NE base.
      >

      > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "jfws88" <jfws88@> wrote:
      > >
      > > 007,
      > >
      > > Nice pic's. I assume you race PHRF down in Key Largo. What is your rating? and how do you do? I race in RI Narragansett bay with a 180 spnn/196 non spin rating with dacron sails and usaully finish in the top half of the class.

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic