115Re: Getting the traveler track off

  • jfws88
    Jul 6, 2009
      Bob,

      I have a garhuer MT-3 traveller but without the standard blocks on the end. Instead I used ther're 25-26 halyard lift blocks to run the lines up vertical on the cockpit combing. A cam cleat finishes it off. I also use one line to go all the way around so I can release the windward cleat from the leeward side. Works very nice. See the pictures in my album.

      John

      --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "j28verve" <rryan14@...> wrote:

      > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "jfws88" <jfws88@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Lenny, I seem to remember me being the irresistable force winning againest the immovable object. I think I did chip the gelcoat aroungd the original mount holes. If I had to do it again I would try a cable saw to cut throught the bedding coumpound. I knew I was drilling new mount so I didn't get to upset. The track wentin the dumpster.
      > >
      > > --- In J28Sailors@yahoogroups.com, "Lenny Reich" <lsreich@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > John: When you say it took some effort to get it up -- what, exactly, did you do? I have already applied a fair amount of force and don't want to damage the track or the boat. Thanks.

      > John - what Garhauer traveler did you use? I replaced my Harken windward sheeting car last year -- and I still hate it. It is one of those little things that annoys me. The windward car is great for bringing it above center line, but every time I tack, it is loose and I have to re-center it. I can't believe I spent $200 on this privilege of owning Harken.
      >
      > -Bob

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic