3261Re: [J-mtDNA] Re: coding region

  • Josh Weinstein
    Jun 20, 2014
      I really don't know the procedure on discovering new subclades. My impression was that Ftdna's lab discovered the new subclade and then submitted the discovery to Phylotree.

      On Friday, June 20, 2014 8:09 PM, "Josh Weinstein jgw111@... [J-mtDNA]" <J-mtDNA@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Did you suggest that a new subclade might be possible since you share the same private mutation (s) with at least two other people (assuming that is the case). Of course J1c2 is all they can identify at present, not FTDNA's fault.

      On Friday, June 20, 2014 2:49 PM, "h.watson701@... [J-mtDNA]" <J-mtDNA@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I contacted FTDNA, and this was the reply -

      your mtDNA haplogroup, J1c2, is the deepest subclade we can determine, as you have already had the highest-level of mtDNA testing possible.

      Looks like I'm plain old vanilla flavour J1c2, which I knew already before I had my coding region tested.

      Harry

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic