3253Re: [J-mtDNA] coding region

  • h.watson701@btopenworld.com
    Jun 19, 2014
      I have 8 matches -

      3 at a genetic distance of 1
      3       ditto                       2
      2       ditto                       3

      Most of my matches, like me, seem to have an earliest known direct line female ancestor who was an Ulster Presbyterian in Down, Antrim or Tyrone. Some Norwegian ones too, but that doesn't surprise  me as Stephen Oppenheimer has a map in his book The Origins of the British showing a movement of population from Norway into Scotland during the Neolithic, and from the 17th century onwards there was large-scale emigration from Scotland to Ulster, which would have included many women with the J1c haplogroup.

      Harry
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic