3252Re: [J-mtDNA] coding region

  • Josh Weinstein
    Jun 19, 2014
      I don't know if there is a present answer. FTDNA listed you as J1c2 because they obtained the same result as you did. New subclades appear quite frequently at FTDNA and Phylotree,if  enough people share the same private mutation. Perhaps it is simply a matter of waiting. On the other hand you may have a rare sequence. Do you have any close full sequence matches.

      On Thursday, June 19, 2014 7:35 AM, "h.watson701@... [J-mtDNA]" <J-mtDNA@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Well, I've gone to PhyloTree.org-mtDNA subtree R and run a check on my coding region results, and I'm no further forward. I have A188G, which confirms that I'm J1c2, but none of the defining mutations for the various subclades of J1c2 seem to crop up in my results. So where do I go now?

      Harry

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic