Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

3080Re: Fwd: Letter

Expand Messages
  • Raymond Wing
    Jan 3, 2014
    • 0 Attachment
      I would respectfully ask that ALL conversations regarding boorish behavior be directed to myself (as List moderator) rather than posted on the forum.

      Up to this point, I did not feel any of the conversations on the list were inappropriate. From time to time, it is expected that the nature of the discussion may stray a bit from the topic of mitochondrial DNA Haplogroup J.

      Please bear in mind that in face to face conversations only about 5-10% of what is conveyed is the actual words. The other 85-90% is our body language and the tone/inflection of how we say the words. Thus, we lose the vast majority of what we are actually trying to convey when we use written forums (such as this). 
       
      Raymond T. Wing
      List Moderator:  J-mtDNA@yahoogroups.com


      From: flora lovejoy <floralovejoy@...>
      To: J-mtDNA@yahoogroups.com; j-mtdna-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 3, 2014 12:11 PM
      Subject: Fwd: Letter



      Flora


      Begin forwarded message:

      From: flora lovejoy <floralovejoy@...>
      Date: January 3, 2014 at 10:11:00 AM MST
      To: Bailey Francis <fran2537@...>
      Subject: Re: Letter

      But, did you find my words boorish? Did I really venture off the subject of mtdna? 

      Flora


      On Jan 3, 2014, at 10:08 AM, Bailey Francis <fran2537@...> wrote:

      This is true of all Rootsweb mailing lists, and the list moderator is important to prevent boorish behavior such as using profanity, attacking and berating other list members, advertising for financial gain, etc, as well as urging the list members not to venture too far off topic; e.g., mtDNA J.

      I do not find this offensive or invasive.  I have been on lists where there have been some very nasty exchanges and vicious personal attacks that were stopped by the list moderator.

      Bailey


      From: flora lovejoy <floralovejoy@...>
      To: "fran2537@..." <fran2537@...>
      Cc: Ldbj <ldbj@...>; J-mtDNA@yahoogroups.com; j-mtdna-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, January 3, 2014 11:55 AM
      Subject: Letter

      I have written to the moderator to find out what exactly are the rules and purpose of this group. I don't wish to be part of a discussion group where I am being monitored for relevant content.







      Flora





    • Show all 2 messages in this topic