3063Geno 2.0 results

  • wing_genealogist
    Dec 14, 2013
      The Geno 2.0 test is a chip-based test. While it tests for many of the mtDNA bases (enough to give a fairly decent Haplogroup prediction), the results are not compatible to the testing done at FTDNA.

      It is my understanding that when an individual transfers their Geno 2.0 test results over to FTDNA, it transfers over the Haplogroup prediction, but not the raw data.

      This causes an issue when people then join mtDNA Haplogroup Projects (such as this one). What happens is that the kit does not "fully" transfer over to the project. By that I mean that a person with only a Geno 2.0 result can join the J mtDNA Project, but they don't show up on most of the records.

      As the Project Administrator, I have a number of pages I can look at showing all of the members in the project.  I do see everyone (including Geno 2.0 results) on the "Maternal Ancestry" report, but I do not see the Geno kits on the "Membership Information" report.  In addition, I don't believe these Geno kits are showing up in any of the public reports.

      I will be reporting this issue to FTDNA, but I don't know if there will be any changes made.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic