Bertha BRITDOC Documentary fund open [Worldwide]

  • George Lessard
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2012
      Documentary journalists can apply for a grant ranging from UK�5,000-50,000
      (about US$7,847-US$78,472).

      The Bertha BRITDOC Fund for Journalism is an international film fund
      dedicated to supporting long-form feature documentaries of a journalistic
      nature.

      The fund seeks films that break stories, expose injustice and bring
      attention to unreported issues and cameras into regions previously unseen.
      Due to the investigative nature of long-form films, the fund seeks
      filmmakers with a journalistic background.

      The fund supports in-depth research & development, production funding for
      longitudinal investigations, editorial support for long-form documentary
      structure, hostile environment training, emergency transportation and legal
      advice.

      Funding is awarded on a rolling basis.

      We are looking for films that break the important stories of our time,
      expose injustice, bring attention to unreported issues and cameras into
      regions previously unseen.

      This new fund recognises such films are often delicate and protracted,
      making them difficult to fund. With a mission to enable in-depth analysis
      of issues through long-form investigative filmmaking, we are particularly
      looking to work with filmmakers with a journalistic background or those who
      are collaborating with journalists.

      It is key that the journalistic intent is embedded within the film itself
      rather than the film simply being about a journalist or journalistic
      institution.

      Elements we can support:
      In-depth research & development
      Production funding for longitudinal investigations
      Editorial support for long-form documentary structure
      Hostile Environment Training
      Emergency transportation
      Legal Advice during production and post production
      Legal advice for complex E&O policies

      Other things to bear in mind:
      We will be supporting films 60mins+ in length
      Grants from �5,000 to �50,000 are available
      Funding is awarded on a rolling basis
      Funding decisions will be made within 4 weeks of application, unless your
      project is an urgent response to events
      We are unlikely to fully fund a film so it must have international
      co-financing potential.
      We don�t fund retrospectively

      For more information, click here.
      http://britdoc.org/real_funds/documentary_journalism_fund/
      Terms and conditions
      http://britdoc.org/images/uploads/staff/JournalismFundConditions.pdf
      Apply now
      http://apply.britdoc.org/apply/new/bbjournalism

      The Bertha BRITDOC Documentary Journalism Fund is part of a major new
      partnership between the Bertha Foundation and the BRITDOC Foundation, which
      sees the launch of two new funds worth �1.5m over the next three years.
      http://www.berthafoundation.org