Earth Survey Project - Please Distribute Widely

  • Jeremy Taylor
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26 12:49 PM
      I was hoping you might be able to share this with your networks, as I am interested in getting as many replies as possible, particularly from outside the United States, as that is where most of my replies have come from so far... However, regardless of where the responses come from, the more I can get the better my project will go! And if anyone at your organization or institution would like to take part, that would be great!

      Thanks,
      Jeremy

      Hello,

      I am writing to you today regarding nature and the environment. Ever since I was a child, I have been very interested in these topics, and I try to keep current with all relevant issues such as energy, climate change, biodiversity conservation, ecotourism, sustainability, etc. I have a B.S. degree in wildlife biology, and have worked as a zookeeper, wildlife biologist, and ecologist. I am conducting a brief survey of world leaders, government officials, religious leaders, corporate CEOs, environmental groups, wildlife experts, and others regarding nature and the environment. I am also very interested in religious views, customs, and beliefs from around the world, and the interactions between religion, culture, society, and the environment. This is something I am doing out of personal interest, and is not connected to any group or organization. I have been working on this project since the summer of 2006, and to date have gotten back over 900
      responses, via email, postal mail, and through the online version of my survey. I have gotten responses from scientists, environmentalists, religious leaders, schoolchildren, villagers in Nairobi, a few world leaders, and many more. There is no deadline for the project, so please feel free to take your time in responding if you need to.

      I would greatly appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to answer my survey. The responses are being posted online at the blog I created for the project, http://earthsurvey.blogspot.com In the future, I hope to do something more with the results, such as a book or documentary, although as of right now I am not sure of the format or timeline for that.

      I apologize if you have already seen this message, but I have sent it out to multiple contact lists. I have tried to avoid duplicate mailings as much as possible.

      You can access the survey online at http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7 and I have also included a blank form that can be filled out and sent back to me via email or postal mail.

      Contact information will not be included- only your name and title/organization will be posted. I am more interested in personal views, not necessarily official statements, and there is a disclaimer on the site that states that the views expressed are personal and not to be taken as official views. Should you prefer to remain anonymous, I can do that as well.

      Please distribute this as widely as you can, as I am very interested in getting responses from members of the local community, business leaders, government officials, religious leaders, etc. If you have a newsletter or local paper that would be willing to post my project information, that would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to make this a global project involving people on all levels. Not being affiliated with an organization or institution has made spreading the word about my project and increasing participation somewhat challenging, so I would appreciate any assistance that you have to offer!

      Thank you very much for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you!

      With Regards,
      Jeremy Taylor

      Ravena, NY
      USA

      "We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors; we borrow it from our Children." ~Native American proverb

      Answer my Earth Survey questionnaire at http://tinyurl.com/nx4ng7
      Earth Survey Project http://earthsurvey.blogspot.com
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Earth-Survey-Project/107490655964018
      Project Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34705684632