Humanising Development global photography campaign
- Panos London | Humanising Development global photography campaign
Panos London has partnered with the United Nations Development Programme
to promote the Humanising Development global photography campaign.
Running from the 1st June to 1st October the campaign wants to challenge
stereotyped views of development, giving new perspectives and showing
examples of people winning the battle against poverty, social exclusion
The campaign encourages everyone to participate, including professional
photographers, by contributing a photo.
There will be a number of key outcomes to the campaign with photography
exhibitions held in several cities around the world, as well as a
permanent photo gallery at the International Policy Centre for Inclusive
Growth office. In addition a photography database will be created and
shared with campaign partners as well as departments and agencies across
To take part, contribute photos, and help with the campaign please visit
the website: http://www.ipc-undp.org/photo
This campaign will enable people to contribute photographs related to a
wide array of development situations, such as:
* Overcoming poverty, social exclusion and marginalisation.
* Enlarging people's choices and supporting local development
* Promoting self-esteem, confidence and hope.
* Building a brighter future and advancing human capacities.
* Fighting deprivation and expanding access to food, water,
sanitation, education and health services for the poor.
* Eliminating gender inequalities in the labour market.
* Empowering women.
* Fighting discrimination, domestic violence, abuse and exploitation.
* Eliminating child labour and promoting decent work opportunities.
* Expanding access to education and improving its quality and social
inclusiveness through innovative approaches.
* Innovative initiatives on local development, enhancing the
participation of communities in decision processes.
* Enhancing women's potential and participation in development processes.
* Promoting women's leadership and equal opportunity to develop talents.
* Building democratic governance and developing institutions and
processes that are more responsive to the needs of ordinary citizens,
including the poor. Alleviating exclusion, suffering, injustice and
waste caused by corruption.
* Empowering citizens to combat the destructive influence of
corruption, entrenched networks and abuse of power.