mining human rights film website and resources

  • Alexandra Sicotte-Levesque
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      Dear friends and colleagues,

      The website for the documentary film "When Silence is Golden" is finally fully up and running: www.when-silence-is-golden.org

      We have made available to the public interviews that were conducted with key resource people and that were not included (or in their integrity) in the film. Some are more general, and others touch specifically on the issues in Dumasi and Prestea (Ghana's Western Region) surrounding the surface mining activities of Golden Star Resources.
      http://www.when-silence-is-golden.org/videos.html

      These exclusive interviews include: Mary Robinson (former UN Commissioner for Human Rights), Dominic Fobi (Ghana's Minister of Mines), Nana Andoh (Ghana EPA), Anna Bossman (Ghana's Acting Commissioner for Human Rights) and Daniel Owusu-Korenteng (WACAM).

      We are also developing a "links" section to the website, linking to other resources available online. Please forward me links to your work!

      I take this opportunity to remind you of two screenings of the film in the next week: Monday, February 4th, University of Winnipeg and Thursday, February 7th, University of Ottawa. All details are online: http://www.when-silence-is-golden.org/screenings.html

      Thanks for your support,

      Alexandra