תשובה: Ivrit Shelanu New members - pls sha re the list with other Hebrew Language Educators for K-1 2

  • Ariel Zaltzman
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2009
      HI  Jennifer,

      My name is Ariel Zaltzman, i am the Director of Kachol Lavan - The Centre for Hebrew and Israel Studies in Toronto. www.kachol-lavan.com

      I am on vacation and will be back thursday July 2nd. I would like to talk to you, since I have some ideas I thought to share with you.
      Please let me know what is the best way to reach you. I suggest phone number and I will contact you this coming thursday or Friday

      Thanks,
      Ariel

      מאת: jenniestarr [mailto:jenniestarr@...]
      נשלח: Sunday, June 28, 2009 7:19 PM
      אל: IvritShelanu@yahoogroups.com
      נושא: Ivrit Shelanu New members - pls share the list with other Hebrew Language Educators for K-12

      Shalom Kulam,

      I'm slowly finding additional people who are able to contribute to the mailing list and wanted to let you know a bit more about my purpose. As we have a few more people no question we'll start brainstorming a bit on some of the challenges we face.

      I would LOVE to find a way to get us together beyond the mailing list as well so we can do "lessons learned" together in a conference like setting.

      One thing I'm considering is trying to leverage the ACTFL conference
      (http://www.actfl. org/i4a/pages/ index.cfm? pageid=1 ) to do a before and/or after workshop separate from the conference for us.

      The conference is set for San Diego this year and it would be great to take advantage of those who come in for the conference and invite those who can't attend but want to participate in a Hebrew specific conference in town.

      (I believe Aviva Kadosh who works on Hebrew Immersion programs in LA for pre-schoolers) and possibly Vardit Ringvald who works at Brandeis (and I've heard may be working on the K-5 curriculum for the new Hebrew charter school in NYC) will be in town for the conference. But, I'm sure there are many others....

      And enough of us on the West coast who might be able to come in for it...

      Tell me your thoughts. My goal would be to set up break out sessions on such topics like - "keeping it fun", "conversational skill development" "dealing with native and non-native speakers in the same programs", etc.

      Let me know your thoughts...