We need more pictures

  • Denise Robello
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
      Hello one and all,

      It looks like there's a flurry of sewing and such going on. I think
      you busy bees need to post your pictures so that those of us who are
      not making Italians may oogle and sigh at them.

      I know, "You shouldn't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk". I
      usually hold to that rule. However, I'm five months pregnant and I
      have a rambunctious two year old son, so I don't have the energy or
      the time to sew like I used to. Plus, I'm currently working on a
      personal non-Italian quest to research/make several historically
      correct outfits that can adapt to pregnancy. (I've already made some
      Italians, which do adapt wonderfully. So my quest is taking me to
      other countries and times right now.) I plan on bribing and begging
      one of my friends to take photos of me dressed up in the various
      ensembles when I'm about 8 months or more along. But since most of
      those outfits are completely off topic for this list, I'm not sure it
      would interest any of you.

      Given that, I'd really enjoy living vicariously through everyone
      else's Italians whether they are past, present or in-progress. I love
      looking at pictures of real stuff that real people have made.

      And by the way, I went to Hearst Castle last weekend (San Simeon,
      CA). They have a 1570's/1580's portrait of one of the Medici women in
      their museum gallery. It had a very unique neck treatment with an
      open front doublet and a standing ruffle running down the opening. I
      haven't started looking on line to see if anyone has an electronic
      copy yet. A friend took several non-flash shots, including one of the
      title plaque. But for those of you who may have been considering a
      trip there, it was very cool and oogle-some.

      Ascelin
    • curvess2000
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
        Ok you wanted more.... you got more .... I had removed my photos but
        now have put some back ..

        I will not leave then there forever but when I make something new I
        will post it. Hopefully this means there will be another 2 frocks in
        there in a month or so during the University break.

        Cheers

        Deb
        (Oonagh)

        --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Denise
        Robello" <drobello@n...> wrote:
        > Hello one and all,
        >
        > It looks like there's a flurry of sewing and such going on. I think
        > you busy bees need to post your pictures so that those of us who
        are
        > not making Italians may oogle and sigh at them.
        >
        > I know, "You shouldn't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk".
        > usually hold to that rule. However, I'm five months pregnant and I
        > have a rambunctious two year old son, so I don't have the energy or
        > the time to sew like I used to. Plus, I'm currently working on a
        > personal non-Italian quest to research/make several historically
        > correct outfits that can adapt to pregnancy. (I've already made
        some
        > Italians, which do adapt wonderfully. So my quest is taking me to
        > other countries and times right now.) I plan on bribing and begging
        > one of my friends to take photos of me dressed up in the various
        > ensembles when I'm about 8 months or more along. But since most of
        > those outfits are completely off topic for this list, I'm not sure
        it
        > would interest any of you.
        >
        > Given that, I'd really enjoy living vicariously through everyone
        > else's Italians whether they are past, present or in-progress. I
        love
        > looking at pictures of real stuff that real people have made.
        >
        > And by the way, I went to Hearst Castle last weekend (San Simeon,
        > CA). They have a 1570's/1580's portrait of one of the Medici women
        in
        > their museum gallery. It had a very unique neck treatment with an
        > open front doublet and a standing ruffle running down the opening.
        > haven't started looking on line to see if anyone has an electronic
        > copy yet. A friend took several non-flash shots, including one of
        the
        > title plaque. But for those of you who may have been considering a
        > trip there, it was very cool and oogle-some.
        >
        > Ascelin
      • Cilean_69
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2003
          Anyone looked on Jen's website?" She places a new pic every week or
          so? and there are a plethora of Diaries ongoing, I am learning so
          much!

          My garbing is on hold as I get ready for a move at the end of the
          month, then watch out! I will have TONS of space to create in, but
          sigh until then it is pack pack PACK!

          LOL

          Costume College, I hope to be there this August and I hope to sew up
          a storm during it!

          Cilean
        • Denise Robello
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
            --- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, curvess2000
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > Ok you wanted more.... you got more .... I had removed my photos
            but
            > now have put some back ..

            Hi,

            *sigh* Those were beautiful. I love your dresses. You wear them so
            well and they are such good interpretations of the art. I may have to

            I went to Venice two years ago, so I got teary-eyed with longing at
            the canal shot. It was the first one I opened, so I'm still thinking
            about it.

            Sincerely,
            Ascelin
          • curvess2000
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2003
              Thank you ...... your are very welcome :o)

              hopefully by the end of the month I will have another 2 dresses
              finished and photos up. I started these at the begining of the year
              and due to my university studies and family commitments, sewing has
              come a very big last.

              cheers

              Deb
              (Oonagh)

              > *sigh* Those were beautiful. I love your dresses. You wear them so
              > well and they are such good interpretations of the art. I may have
              >
              > I went to Venice two years ago, so I got teary-eyed with longing at
              > the canal shot. It was the first one I opened, so I'm still
              thinking
              > about it.
              >
              > Sincerely,
              > Ascelin
            • ivinian
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 5, 2003
                Working on it! I never get time to do the modeling sessions I want
                to. I have one gown I've never taken pictures of that needs to get
                some pictures made.

                Best of all: I've lost 10 pounds since my LAST photo shoot. WOOT!

                I'm working currently on a velvet rapier sheath for my clothes hors--
                er, dear lord Alessandro. So far it looks real perty. Hey,
                costuming's more than just CLOTHES... ;)

                Vangelista

                Robello" <drobello@n...> wrote:
                > Hello one and all,
                >
                > It looks like there's a flurry of sewing and such going on. I think
                > you busy bees need to post your pictures so that those of us who
                are
                > not making Italians may oogle and sigh at them.
                >
                > I know, "You shouldn't talk the talk unless you can walk the walk".
                > usually hold to that rule. However, I'm five months pregnant and I
                > have a rambunctious two year old son, so I don't have the energy or
                > the time to sew like I used to. Plus, I'm currently working on a
                > personal non-Italian quest to research/make several historically
                > correct outfits that can adapt to pregnancy. (I've already made
                some
                > Italians, which do adapt wonderfully. So my quest is taking me to
                > other countries and times right now.) I plan on bribing and begging
                > one of my friends to take photos of me dressed up in the various
                > ensembles when I'm about 8 months or more along. But since most of
                > those outfits are completely off topic for this list, I'm not sure
                it
                > would interest any of you.
                >
                > Given that, I'd really enjoy living vicariously through everyone
                > else's Italians whether they are past, present or in-progress. I
                love
                > looking at pictures of real stuff that real people have made.
                >
                > And by the way, I went to Hearst Castle last weekend (San Simeon,
                > CA). They have a 1570's/1580's portrait of one of the Medici women
                in
                > their museum gallery. It had a very unique neck treatment with an
                > open front doublet and a standing ruffle running down the opening.
                > haven't started looking on line to see if anyone has an electronic
                > copy yet. A friend took several non-flash shots, including one of
                the
                > title plaque. But for those of you who may have been considering a
                > trip there, it was very cool and oogle-some.
                >
                > Ascelin
              • lucreziadelbelcoure
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 8, 2003
                  Wow,
                  Oonagh your garb is splendid and your collage shots are very
                  inspiring!
                  I also love the way you pasted yourself into Venetian scenes.
                  Teagen just took photos of me in all my ren garb so hopefully I can
                  get it posted sometime in the next century.
                  Lucrezia
                • curvess2000
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 8, 2003
                    Thanks Lucrezia,

                    Teagan? Dancing Teagan? Say hi to her for me please.

                    cheers

                    Deb

                    > Wow,
                    > Oonagh your garb is splendid and your collage shots are very
                    > inspiring!
                    > I also love the way you pasted yourself into Venetian scenes.
                    > Teagen just took photos of me in all my ren garb so hopefully I
                    can
                    > get it posted sometime in the next century.
                    > Lucrezia
                  • k_a_kaiser
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 16, 2003
                      Hello all,
                      I've added a couple of new pics to my photo album; another view of a
                      cream cotton brocade gown and a cotton dress/overdress combo with tie-
                      on sleeves. My husband and I will be setting up a garb web site soon,
                      seeing what's out there on-line inspired him! So we took some photos
                      in our backyard this weekend.

                      ~Ginevra
                    • curvess2000
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 16, 2003
                        Greetings Ginevera,

                        Haveing reciently made my own personal web site I should warn you,
                        they can be addictive. :o)

                        <ginevra@s...> wrote:
                        My husband and I will be setting up a garb web site soon,
                        > seeing what's out there on-line inspired him! So we took some
                        photos

                        > ~Ginevra

                        I am really looking forward to seeing what you have done, you always
                        look so natural in your dress.

                        Cheers

                        Deb
                        (Oonagh)