Bene grazie...

  • sister_dark_swan
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 23, 2002
      ... for such a great group! :) I'm Caterine, been in the SCA 12
      years (Cynagua, West Kingdom), and doing Faires for a little longer
      than that (Scots Nobles) and have been wanting to do Italians for
      the past five years! I finally got some done this last winter for
      12th Night, and as my Lord Sweetie is Italian, I am hooked on it,
      both the garb and possibly the persona. I am in a frenzy of making
      light-weight linen Italians for the summer's SCA events, mostly late
      1400's.

      What I am REALLY interested in is making some Faire-legal Italians
      for Northern and the smaller Faires (assuming we HAVE Northern Faire
      this year...). Any of you Faire Folks have good ideas/ tips on
      making Italians for Faire that A)won't keel me over from the heat,
      and B)will be accurate for Faire and C) not completely difficult to
      make?? I am just now learning to sew (yes, after 12 years!) and I
      have a best friend who is reeeeally good at it, so I know she'll be
      doing the elabourate stuff for me for awhile. I don't have a Guild
      nowadays, so I don't have to worry as much about getting the Faire
      costume-nazis on my case, but I still want it utterly accurate of
      course! (and yes, Bella's website kicks amazing amounts of booty...)
      While we're at it, anyone good with late-period Germans here?

      Caterine (who is busty and hourglass-y and has a challenging time
      with garb...)
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 23, 2002
        --- sister_dark_swan <sister_dark_swan@...>
        wrote:

        <snipped>(and yes, Bella's website kicks amazing
        amounts of booty...)<<<

        Oh my - thank you! :)

        >>>While we're at it, anyone good with late-period
        Germans here?<<<<

        I'm not sure about there being someone on this list,
        but on the SCA-Garb list there is a very knowledgable
        lady who is the owner of the Frazzled Frau site:

        http://frazzledfrau.tripod.com/

        >>>Caterine (who is busty and hourglass-y and has a
        challenging time with garb...)<<<

        Heh...I'm just big all over! :)

        Bella
        <BR>
        </tt>

        <tt>
        To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:<BR>
        italianrenaissancecostuming-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<BR>
        <BR>
        </tt>

        <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
        href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
        of Service</a>.</tt>

        http://messenger.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger
        - A great way to communicate long-distance for FREE!