Period Colors

  • Lori Leppink
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
      I found some fabric at a rummage sale that is the color of the
      background on this site to the left where it lists home, messages,
      post, etc., kind of a rose color. Does anyone know if this is
      period? It is so spring-like.

      Lori Leppink
    • Denise Robello
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2003
        Hi,

        > kind of a rose color. Does anyone know if this is
        > period? It is so spring-like.

        There are examples of pinks in portraits from the entire range of the
        Italian Ren. era.

        Here's two from Jen's Website from the middle of the 16th century:

        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor30.h
        tml

        And I've seen this one, and in person, the color is true to the
        picture here:

        http://homepage.mac.com/festive_attyre/research/secondflor/secflor7.ht
        ml

        Ascelin