Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: Magnificenza!

  • ailith
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2003
      >On Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:56:04 -0000 "Denise Robello" <drobello@...>
      wrote.

      >--- In Italian_Rennaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com,>
      >I have a coffee table book on the Uffizi and Pitti. In that book the
      >color of the forearm sleeve and bodice is deep eggplant.
      >
      >Are you looking for more copies of the same picture or more portraits
      >from the same time and place?
      >
      >Ascelin

      Actually, I'm looking for other examples of the odd coloring. Quite
      honestly, I've not seen any other portraits from that time/place with a gown
      that had the bodice a different color than the rest of the gown. Has anyone
      else??

      I *am* looking for another portrait, though. I'm looking for Laudomia (also
      seen it as Laudonia) de Medici by Bronzino. I've seen a B&W of it (it's in
      20,000 Years of Fashion) and have a very small color image, but I'd love to
      have a larger one to be able to see details...

      I even bought the Pitti catalog hoping that there would be an image of her
      portrait, but all that was there was a listing and the room that she's in.

      ailith