RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Digest Number 2013

  • Tom Pahdeaaa 20
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 4:58 AM
      I think if you look at that citing carefully it is the work of another artist he worked with on the picture rather than the work in question that is at Modena. Another citation with a listing of artists works during that time period says that the painting may be with the Stockholm University. The University site does not have access to the art collections of the university.

      http://www.archive.org/stream/historyofpaintin06crowuoft/historyofpaintin06crowuoft_djvu.txt

      http://www.aneafiles.webs.com/raphael.html

      Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:36:31 +0000
      From: Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com
      To: Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Digest Number 2013

      Italian Renaissance Costuming - Researching Italian Renaissance Clothing

      Italian Renaissance Costuming - Researching Italian Renaissance Clothing Group

      2 New
      Messages

      Digest #2013

      1a

      Re: Looking for a better version of this picture

      by
      "Susan"
      xany@...

      1b

      Re: Looking for a better version of this picture

      by
      "Louise de La Mare"
      louise_de_la_mare

      Messages

      1a

      Re: Looking for a better version of this picture

      Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Susan" xany@...

      I don't know if it is better source to look at but google brought up this site of the painting that lists Modena, Galleria Estense (Art Gallery) Palazzo Dei Musei as the location of the painting.

      http://tinyurl.com/kx8ffsa

      I have never doen the tiny url thing so I hope it works

      --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "louise_de_la_mare" <ladylouise@...> wrote:

      > Good afternoon!

      > I was wondering if anybody knew of a better source for this image...The Birth of John the Baptist, by Giuliano Bugairdini?

      > http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/The-Birth-of-St-John-the-Baptist-Posters_i1592443_.htm

      > I am very interested in the small child in the back. I haven't been able to find too many images of young girls from this time, so I am very very interested in getting a close-up of her if possible. I looked through all my art books and online. I cannot even find out where the painting is, museum, private collection...

      > I hope it it just something very obvious I am overlooking.

      > Thank you!

      > Louise

      Reply to sender

      .

      Reply to group

      .

      .

      All Messages
      (3)

      .

      Top ^

      1b

      Re: Looking for a better version of this picture

      Thu May 30, 2013 9:29 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "Louise de La Mare" louise_de_la_mare

      Oh thank you so much!

      Google brought me to this site as well. But, when I was on this site on Monday, but it kept bringing up a different painting, of the Madonna, Child, and John as a young child.

      It must like you more than me.

      Thank you again! Now I have a museum at least.

      Louise

      Courage is found in unlikely places.

      --J.R.R. Tolkien

      In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

      --George Orwell

      On May 30, 2013, at 11:57 AM, "Susan" <xany@...> wrote:

      > I don't know if it is better source to look at but google brought up this site of the painting that lists Modena, Galleria Estense (Art Gallery) Palazzo Dei Musei as the location of the painting.

      > http://tinyurl.com/kx8ffsa

      > I have never doen the tiny url thing so I hope it works

      > --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "louise_de_la_mare" <ladylouise@...> wrote:

      > > Good afternoon!

      > > I was wondering if anybody knew of a better source for this image...The Birth of John the Baptist, by Giuliano Bugairdini?

      > > http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/The-Birth-of-St-John-the-Baptist-Posters_i1592443_.htm

      > > I am very interested in the small child in the back. I haven't been able to find too many images of young girls from this time, so I am very very interested in getting a close-up of her if possible. I looked through all my art books and online. I cannot even find out where the painting is, museum, private collection...

      > > I hope it it just something very obvious I am overlooking.

      > > Thank you!

      > > Louise

      Reply to sender

      .