Looking for a better version of this picture

  • louise_de_la_mare
    Message 1 of 3 , May 29 9:09 AM
      Good afternoon!

      I was wondering if anybody knew of a better source for this image...The Birth of John the Baptist, by Giuliano Bugairdini?

      http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/The-Birth-of-St-John-the-Baptist-Posters_i1592443_.htm

      I am very interested in the small child in the back. I haven't been able to find too many images of young girls from this time, so I am very very interested in getting a close-up of her if possible. I looked through all my art books and online. I cannot even find out where the painting is, museum, private collection...

      I hope it it just something very obvious I am overlooking.

      Thank you!
      Louise
    • Susan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 30 8:57 AM
        I don't know if it is better source to look at but google brought up this site of the painting that lists Modena, Galleria Estense (Art Gallery) Palazzo Dei Musei as the location of the painting.

        http://tinyurl.com/kx8ffsa

        I have never doen the tiny url thing so I hope it works

        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "louise_de_la_mare" <ladylouise@...> wrote:

        > Good afternoon!
        >
        > I was wondering if anybody knew of a better source for this image...The Birth of John the Baptist, by Giuliano Bugairdini?
        >
        > http://www.allposters.co.uk/-sp/The-Birth-of-St-John-the-Baptist-Posters_i1592443_.htm
        >
        > I am very interested in the small child in the back. I haven't been able to find too many images of young girls from this time, so I am very very interested in getting a close-up of her if possible. I looked through all my art books and online. I cannot even find out where the painting is, museum, private collection...
        >
        > I hope it it just something very obvious I am overlooking.
        >
        > Thank you!
        > Louise

      • Louise de La Mare
        Message 3 of 3 , May 30 9:29 AM
          Oh thank you so much!

          Google brought me to this site as well. But, when I was on this site on Monday, but it kept bringing up a different painting, of the Madonna, Child, and John as a young child.

          It must like you more than me.

          Thank you again! Now I have a museum at least.
          Louise

          Courage is found in unlikely places.
          --J.R.R. Tolkien

          In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
          --George Orwell