shoes ca 1550-1600

  • Marianne Perdomo
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      Hello!

      And Happy New Year! :)
      I'd like some late 16th century shoes for dances of that era and I'm having
      a hard time finding things that are not chopines, nor slightly earlier
      Tudor styles. Ideally I want Italian 1550-1600 shoes, preferably online
      sources (or inexpensive books) as I'm on a rather tight budget. Any ideas?

      In the dancing books (or portraits) of the era you seldom if ever see
      ladies' feet, but here's some men:
      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/c1.gif
      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/negri/images/

      Do I see latchet shoes here?
      http://twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com.es/2010/11/shoe-history-repeats-itself-venetian.html

      Anyone knows of better images I may use to try out making my own?

      Thanks!

      Marianne