Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] knocking, knocking

  • Maryelizabeth Hancock
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 5, 2012
      Lady Antonia,

      I wish you well after the earthquake and congrats on the weight loss. The sleeves in this painting are lovely! (I do have some blue velvet that, although meant for a different gown, would do well with this style...hmmmmm

      Have a great week and thank you for the inspiration!

      Apollonia

      Maryelizabeth Hancock

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 5, 2012
        Ciao donne,

        the sleeves on that gown would look amazing done in a ribbon or embroidered
        or beaded trim...

        Elena Della Luna
        mka Sharon

        On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Maryelizabeth Hancock
        <peterbenma@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Lady Antonia,
        >
        > I wish you well after the earthquake and congrats on the weight loss. The
        > sleeves in this painting are lovely! (I do have some blue velvet that,
        > although meant for a different gown, would do well with this style...hmmmmm
        >
        > Have a great week and thank you for the inspiration!
        >
        > Apollonia
        >

        > Maryelizabeth Hancock
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Jackie Frederick
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 6, 2012
          A similar dress, not just sleeves, can be seen in the group photo section
          under webdress. I have long desired this dress. Aaaaah! More inspiration!

          OHMYGOSH! I need to be three people, 1 to go to work and pay the bills; 1
          to make all these wonderful clothes that inspire me and 1 to have fun. WAIT!
          This is fun so only 2.

          Elspeth Bouchannane
        • Cilean_69
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 10, 2012
            I have not seen Snarky comments, but as people have said? Call them on it, I know I have spoken to some who are designing for a grade in school and wanted us to do the work they needed to learn on how to do research so I showed them how to find the research they needed. So I hope people here are not Snarky but perhaps people can be blunt? In their assessment, I remember back in the Am I Period or Not? time and people were horrid to each other, because it was anonymous. I hope this site or any I visit will not become like that, not that I did not adore APON, because I did.