Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Newbie

  • Dama Antonia
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2012
      On 9/08/2012 10:42 p.m., Malinda wrote:
      > Very fine (light weight) linen or cotton vf(lw) such as a batiste depending on your budget. It would likely have been linen historically but cotton is much cheaper. Realm of Venus is in the final two weeks of IRCC so you might not get much reply until mid month. Now back to my own project

      I strongly recommend linen over cotton-- it's more breathable (and thus
      more comfortable) and harder-wearing than cotton. While cotton is
      cheaper on the whole, there are good deals to be had on linen, and the
      price difference per garment is often only a few dollars, anyway.

      --
      Antonia di Benedetto Calvo
      Dulce et decorum est pro patria pavlovam coxi.
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2012
        Thank you as well Dama Antonia. Because now I really want to get hold of a good linen and try it myself. I once had one linen blend shirt but didn't really notice a difference to cotton other than being able to do blackwork better because I could see the threads. Hopefully soon I can get some 100 % linen to try
        Now back to sewing

        Sent from my iPod

        On Aug 9, 2012, at 5:25 PM, Dama Antonia <dama.antonia@...> wrote:

        > On 9/08/2012 10:42 p.m., Malinda wrote:
        > > Very fine (light weight) linen or cotton vf(lw) such as a batiste depending on your budget. It would likely have been linen historically but cotton is much cheaper. Realm of Venus is in the final two weeks of IRCC so you might not get much reply until mid month. Now back to my own project
        > >

        > I strongly recommend linen over cotton-- it's more breathable (and thus
        > more comfortable) and harder-wearing than cotton. While cotton is
        > cheaper on the whole, there are good deals to be had on linen, and the
        > price difference per garment is often only a few dollars, anyway.
        >
        > --
        > Antonia di Benedetto Calvo
      • Kathy
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 12, 2012
          Many thanks for all of your advice and site suggestions.
          I am slowly going through the sites and photos, WOW!

          Katiana