Re: Borgias???

  • Cilean_69
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2012
      Hollywood, hmm, well I can say that it looks like Venetian or Florentine clothing from the 15th Century, I don't know how different Roman clothing in the 15th Century is, I can't seem to find anything regarding it!

      But I do love the colors they have chosen, if you look at Festive Attyre: http://festiveattyre.com/research/earlyflor/portfolio.html

      And Anea's Site: http://www.aneafiles.webs.com/index.htm

      An the another awesome site is Bella's: http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net

      These will show you portraits of the time and statues! You can see that the Costumer for the Borgias did look towards history to create the fashions we see, I don't know about all the awesome striped fabrics, but it has me lusting for an early period Florentine or Venetian gown.

      I was down in the LA Garment District recently and one of the shops has a striped black, silver, purple drapery fabric, that would be splendid indeed!!