'Idle Hands' Mini-Challenge - Update

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2011
      Here is the preliminary results page for the Idle Hands Challenge. For now you can view one photo of each item created for the Challenge. In the next few days I will go through the documentation/write-ups to create individual pages and determine the winner.

      http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/challenges/IRCMC-Oct2011-Results.htm

      Enjoy!

      Lady Bella Lucia da Verona (Anabella Wake)
      The Realm of Venus@ RenaissanceItaly.net
      The Barony of Innilgard, Lochac (Adelaide, South Australia)
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 9, 2011
        I am happy to finally be able to announce the winner in October's Idle Hands Mini-Challenge is a hand-bound book by Lisa Phillips of Michigan USA. Congratulations Lisa!
        http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/challenges/IRCMC-Oct2011/IRCMC-Oct2011-Lisa.htm%c2%a0

        You can find all the finalists' write-ups via the Results page:

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2012
          The next Italian Renaissance Costuming Mini-Challenge will run from February 1 to 29. We are voting on the theme for the challenge over on the RoV Facebook page, but I would love to hear from you if you would like to enter the challenge but are not on FB.

          The possibilities so far are: What Lies Beneath - period underwear; Over and Above - period cloaks, mantles, robes, etc; Walking a Fine Line -period shoes, hose, slippers, pattens, zoccoli, etc, with 'Over and Above' currently in the lead.

          If you're interested in entering and would like to cast your vote please e-mail me privately on the above e-mail address to let me know. :)

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 19, 2012
            The winning theme for the new Realm of Venus Italian Renaissance Costuming Mini-Challenge is 'Over and Above': 16th century Italian style cloaks, capes, mantles, loose and fitted over-gowns, as well as larger veils (that cover most of the body), parasols, masks or hats, but not snoods, nets or coifs. To find out more please click on the following link:

            http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/challenges/IRCMC-Feb2012.htm

            If you would like to enter, you have until January 31 to do so. :)