Crinkled fabric for chemise wasRe: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] crinkled partlet

  • Joe Jj
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 29, 2011
      Saluti!
      I've got this lovely crinkled white cotton with a single line of gold thread at every inch. I want to make a chemise out of it for my 12th Night dress. What I worry about is is this too far away from Italian Renaissance to do it. I'm debating about fabric for the rest of my dress. I've got several different pieces of fabric to choose from and I want to bead the bodice and maybe the sleeves. My concern is that the chemise will be too far out of line for the rest of the garb. Do you any opinions? I could really use the help from this very talented group.
      Leonarda Castellani