Bella's Italian Renaissance Clothing Challenge

  • JolieH2000@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 17, 2011
      Greetings to the members of the list:

      I just wanted to share that I have decided, (after a wonderful email exchange with Bella and one of my best friends who know my skill sets) to throw my hat in the ring and have entered as Novice in Italian Renaissance clothing/costume!

      If I don't take the risk, I will never find out if I can do this or not. Besides, you can only dream and drool so long! My little brother, who is also in the SCA and Ren Faire here in the East, has promised me that he will escort me to which ever event I choose to wear my outfit at! My husband is just shaking his head at me. I really do think that I could do this....

      This will be interesting and a growth experience since while I have made parts of things I wear, never all of it and have yet to make a true to period Italian gown!

      So, in parting, I say,

      No Guts, No Glory,

      Jolie'

    • margo loes
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
        Now I am really confused.......I thought that Bella had closed the contest?  by
        best friend and I were researching and super excited, then Bella announced she
        had closed it due to the amount of entries.
        Am I incorrect?

        Gabriella
        (Margo)

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
          Gabriella,

          No, you are correct. Bella closed the entries after receiving 28 of them within a day (I think?). You can check out everyone that has entered via her Realm of Venus site.

          -Isabella

        • JolieH2000@AOL.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
            It is but I had contacted her earlier and she was holding a spot for me but I am confused too because it looks like I might not so let's hope she does this again and you two and my best friend and me will be ready!

            Jolie'

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
              >>>Now I am really confused.......I thought that Bella had closed the contest?
              >>by
              best friend and I were researching and super excited, then Bella announced she
              had closed it due to the amount of entries.
              Am I incorrect?<<<

              You're correct Gabriella, I have closed the contest. But Jolie got in touch with
              me to let me know she wanted to enter before I stopped taking entries. Hers and
              several other applications were sitting in my inbox the morning of the 16th (my
              time) and it was because of this sudden (but oh so wonderful) deluge that I
              announced the closure that afternoon. :-)

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
                >>>Bella closed the entries after receiving 28 of them within a day (I
                think?)<<<

                LOL, no, it was fast - much faster than I expected - but not that fast. It took
                three days. :-)

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
                  >>>It is but I had contacted her earlier and she was holding a spot for me but I am
                  >>>confused too because it looks like I might not so let's hope she does this again
                  >>>and you two and my best friend and me will be ready!<<<<

                  Jolie, don't worry - you're in. :-)

                  http://renaissanceitaly.net/TempFiles/IRCC-JolieHicks.htm

                  Bella
                • JolieH2000@AOL.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
                    OMG -- Bella -- I am still in! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

                    I realized last night that for the nine years that I have been in the SCA, I have been one of your many visitors to The Realm of Venus.

                    And my best friend wanted to do this too -- so this challenge is a wonderful idea. She is, tho, rather proud of me for entering because she remembers when I would drool and say that I would never be able to and now we will see if I can or not!

                    Once again, thank you!

                    Jolie'

                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 18, 2011
                      Ok!  I'll go back to challenging myself & see how far I get!
                      Thanks!

                      Gabriella