Does anyone recognise this painting?

  • ayeshatrentacapilli
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
      I bought a painting while I was in Azerbaijan late last year and I believe it is a copy of a Ren portrait. I have uploaded her to the photos. Does anyone recognise my Lady of Baku?

      Ayesha
    • Isabella D'Angelo
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Antonio_del_Pollaiuolo_-_Profile_Portrait_of_a_Young_Lady_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg

        It's "Portrait of a Young Lady" by Antonio del Pollaiuolo from about the 1460's, Florence.

        -Isabella

        --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "ayeshatrentacapilli" <lmblauvelt@...> wrote:

        > I bought a painting while I was in Azerbaijan late last year and I believe it is a copy of a Ren portrait. I have uploaded her to the photos. Does anyone recognise my Lady of Baku?
        >
        > Ayesha

      • ayeshatrentacapilli
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2011
          Isabella,

          Thanks for the identification. It is interesting to see the original and see how much darker my copy is. She'll still have a place on the wall and I think I'll still call her my Lady of Baku.

          Ayesha