] Caravaggio, you cad!

  • Jacki/erica
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 19, 2011
      Forwarded from another list - thought you all might like this

      Elspeth Bouchannane
      Oertha, West

      > An article from the BBC about a document that has recently been found
      > charging Italian Master Painter Michelangelo De Caravaggio with illegal
      > posession of a sword and dagger on the streets of Rome.
      > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12497978

    • ivinian
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 20, 2011
        That was great! Thanks for forwarding!

        It's funny how often the great artists of the time were just the most horrible criminals. Cellini, f.e., was a murderer. I'm starting to wonder just how prevalent weapons possession charges were, though, since he had his share of incidents around arms he shouldn't have had.

        Vangelista
        www.florentine-persona.com