After seeing the beautiful gowns on Lady Bella's site, I am trying something new

  • Maryelizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2011
      I have made a corset patter using the generator and will be sewing a mock up from a light cotton so that if it comes out well, I can use it.

      I have modified the bodice pattern that has been my fall-back and did two different styles, as well. The modifications are not major but I think they will give me a more accurate look. Although I don't have the best fabric, I am hoping that my attempt will be at least passable. I have two gowns that are rather plain and one other one that is about half finished (my first try at a side-laced bodice)that will have two-piece sleeves, another new thing for me.

      Thank you for posting such beautiful pictures of your work and the diaries that have so much great information!

      Maryelizabeth (Apollonia Di Capua)
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 21, 2011
        The 31st is rapidly approaching - have YOU voted yet? :-)

        http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/votingpage2010.htm