Hello! I am new here (a little about me)

  • Maryelizabeth
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2010
      Mundanely, my name is Maryelizabeth. I am leaning towards the name Apollonia DiCapua for Italian Renaissance culture and especially the beautiful fashions.

      I have been making very simple gowns, none so beatiful as those in the files here, but hopefully as my sewing skills improve, I will be able to make one that is more intricate.

      I have a couple of books to help me, however, so hopefully they will do some good (Patterns of Fashion and Dressing Renaissance Florence.)

      At present, I am trying to figure out how to make sleeves that are more to my liking instead of just plain solid sleeves.

      I look foward to seeing more here and love the showcases!

      Thank you for allowing me to join your group.

      Maryelizabeth
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 15, 2010
        Welcome!
        Apollonia
        http://www.s-gabriel.org/names/arval/catasto/
        di Capua - Italian: habitational name for someone from Capua in Caserta
        province. The name is common in the Naples area. means "City of Marshes"

        De
        aka Fiordelisia Dragano da Parma