OT need a translation

    Message 1 of 25 , Jul 30, 2010
      Does anyone here have experience in translating written English into 1500s or earlier written Italian?

      De
    • Gabriella Intemann
      Message 2 of 25 , Aug 1, 2010
        I have never done it but I was born in Italy and lived there until I was 28
        years old. I have studied La Divina Commedia of Dante Alighieri (had to read
        and interpreter all 3 books) Boccaccio Decamerone and Macchiavelli Il Principe.
        I should be able to do it. If you don't find anybody with experience I'll be
        happy to do it for you.

        Gabriella

        Message 3 of 25 , Aug 30, 2010
          Incidentally, if you like Venetian shoes, I ran into this the other day while researching something entirely else, and oh boy I got completely sidetracked just fooling around with them:

          http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsites/1487_renaissance/qtvr_shoes.html

          They're also called pianelle if that helps anybody looking for them. You're right; I don't ever remember hearing them called chopines either.

          Vangelista