RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] Re: What to do with???

    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 26, 2010
      De I have come to realize that with FF you want to look at the blow up
      sample of the fabric. When I looked at the sample I saw that it was not
      a smooth fabric with slubs but a fabric with a looser weave and a design
      in the weave they are calling tone on tone squares. For $1.99 a yard it
      is worth it to use as a lining even for skirts. I wonder how it would
      make up as a nice Viking tunic it is woven loosely enough ti might not
      be too hot. It doesn't look like an Italian gown fabric. I wonder how
      it would die?A darker color might also change the character of the
      fabric although I know it is what it is. It will have a use though.
      Good luck

      Betsabea

      What I had ordered didn't have a pic available at the time of ordering
      otherwise I would have looked at the bigger pic. I had assumed that it was
      the shimmer type of shantung (sp?) I have ordered before from FF and have
      had no problems or regrets. With this order it falls under miscommunication
      and assumption and therefore I will just make the best of things. I just
      need to switch gears and make something else of it. Problem is at my age it
      is a slow switch with gears. Kind of like someone telling you your going to
      be a jockey in a race and you got everything together and you go into the
      stable and find a mule instead of a horse. :)