RE: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] can't find bigger pic of this dress

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2010
      The URL that you provided did work for me but thanks to Antonia and the fact
      that I have the Festive Attyre marked I was able to see what you might be
      looking for.
      http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ab/Lorenzo_Lotto_046.jpg

      http://tinyurl.com/2bxrjl

      This is a gown that I have been wanting to make for some time. There are
      online some folks who have already made their version of the gown. (Sadly
      Ailith's site is no longer there)I have two materials that are shot and have
      a brocade check pattern that I plan to use for the gown.

      Greetings
      I am trying to find a bigger picture of this dress or a site that has a list
      of renaissance artists where this dress is found. I know I found it on a
      site that had a list of renaissance artists-Dutch, German, Italian, etc.and
      their works I think the artists first name was Alonzo or Alfonzo.
      http://festiveattyre.com/research/lacing/images/spiral1.jgp
      At one time I had it bookmarked but then my computer crashed. So If someone
      does remember this dress and can send me the addy, I'd appreciate it.
      tyvm
      Patti

    • Ailith
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
        It's still there. Roadrunner reconfigured everyone's RR websites and changed
        the URL. Go here for my page on the Lotto gown:
        http://home.roadrunner.com/~ailith/lotto.html

        Ailith

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 15, 2010
            I did not copy the dress exactly. I did the flounce and lined the front panels, sleeves, flounce and bodice in a yellow/red taffetta(it shimmered from yellow to red/orange). The colour of the dress was burnt orange brick colour and a chocolate brown. The brown was the reversed or wrong side of the material.(depending on which side you picked as the right side). I know the lining sounds like it wouldn't go but it did. It looked gorgeous. If I can get a picture of it I will post it.

            Patti in Ealdormere

            Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

            I brake for faeries, dragons, unicorns, gargoyles and all other mystical creatures only I can see.

            To: Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com