help please :)

  • Nicci
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
      does anyone have an online, or pdf pattern for the dress in this picture?

      http://www.festiveattyre.com/research/earlyflor/3flor12.html

      i am trying to make is, since my persona in the sca is italian, and i dont own a single italian dress!

      lady niccolina the wanderer
      (mka nicci)
    • Jessica Maxson
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
        Salve!
        Do you mean the overdress (giornea) or underdress (gamurra) or both? I don't
        know of online patterns per se, but there's some information on the gamurra
        construction here http://homepages.wmich.edu/~rowen/renbk/rendressbook.htm
        You can find more by going to the Atlantian A&S links pages, clothing
        section.

        Basic construction is fairly easy, but you might need or want someone to
        help fit you for the bodice. It is a supportive garment and thus needs to be
        fitted properly, to you.

        --Giuliana
        Barony of Ponte Alto, Atlantia

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
          I am assuming you are talking about the person on the left. There are
          variations to this but here are some site that I use.
          http://cadieux.mediumaevum.com/florentine.html
          I notice you found Festive Attyre. Her costume gallery has diaries. This is
          her gammura
          http://festiveattyre.com/research/15thdiary/page1.html
          And her gionea diary
          http://festiveattyre.com/gallery/giornea/index.html

          I take it you are trying for a Florentine persona?
          This is a gammura and common style of dress
          http://festiveattyre.com/research/earlyflor/3flor5.html
          The giornea is something that I have found to be usually worn as an
          overdress/coat/formal wear.

          This is Venetian styles
          http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/wardrobe.htm

          If you compare FA and RV you will see some difference in styles.

          A pattern that you can order
          http://www.mediaevalmisc.com/pp41-43.htm

          Donna Fiordelisia Dragano da Parma
          aka: De