Re: [Italian Renaissance Costuming] cant sleep silk will eat me

  • Antonia Calvo
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 14, 2009
      Anna Nadine wrote:
      > there was another that was brought up... this is the first time i think i have seen that one brought up and i think that might work but now i would need a basic idea for the patturn but i think i have a good idea

      This one? http://www.abcgallery.com/L/lotto/lotto30.html
      I'm not sure that's actually a representation of what real people wore,
      you know. And if you want cleavage, I'd say it's one to stay right away
      from.

      --
      Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

      -----------------------------
      Habeo metrum - musicamque,
      hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
      -Georgeus Gershwinus
      -----------------------------
    • Antonia Calvo
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 14, 2009
        Anna Nadine wrote:
        >> the painting that was sent looked like it was lose on top and i might need a littl extra suport.... im a 38DD
        >>

        > Sorry, I got lost-- do you mean 'Sacred and Profane Love' or another one?

        This is also from Lotto, and might be a little more realistic
        http://www.abcgallery.com/L/lotto/lotto18.html

        --
        Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

        -----------------------------
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 14, 2009
          yes that one is i do not think it would have done at all what i would like to go for

          ________________________________

          ------------ --------- --------
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 14, 2009
            that is very nice but i think i like the 'Sacred and Profane Love' it looks like something i might be able to work out... but i will have to figur out the sleeveson it... im sure i could pull a patturn out of my head

            ________________________________
            >> the painting that was sent looked like it was lose on top and i might need a littl extra suport.... im a 38DD
            >>

            > Sorry, I got lost-- do you mean 'Sacred and Profane Love' or another one?

            This is also from Lotto, and might be a little more realistic
            http://www.abcgalle ry.com/L/ lotto/lotto18. html

            --
            Antonia di Benedetto Calvo

            ------------ --------- --------
            Habeo metrum - musicamque,
            hominem meam. Expectat alium quid?
            -Georgeus Gershwinus
          • Cilean_69
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 19, 2009
              It is all about the fitting in my experience and I am a 42DD, I have tried the binding and I have a little basic Eleanor body that I have used as well. I also am really into interlining with a heavier fabric it really helps to bind the girls in and keeps my look good!

              If you have a Garb night, ask those around you if they have fashioned a set of sleeves like the the ones you want to create. Who knows you might have a Laurel who figured out how to make the such in her/his time!

              Cilean
            • Anna Nadine
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 19, 2009
                there are 2 garb/sewing nights a month with my local shire but i am the onlyone looking to go italian.... most of us that sew have busy lifes right now and children making it had to even do our 2 nights a month we do have... i do not know of any local laurels to me and then one that would have to time for me... i do have another girl i send text to for some help but she also has a very busy life and i try not to bug her to much with my questions.... if there is a laurel in my area (diamond springs ca) i would love to be able to work with them if i could. but it is hard for me to fined time away from the children to be able to get out and sew at someone elses house/location..... i was hoping to be able to go to 12th night so i might meet more semi local people that i might be able to work with... but it is looking like that is something i will have to hope for the next time around... i truely hope i am not a bother to this group should i ever step out of
                place please let me know and i would be happy to back down or even leave the group if this is something wish/needed

                ________________________________
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 20, 2009
                  Ok, I am looking to make this
                  http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/ApotheosisDetail.jpg style
                  dress and all the dresses of this style seem to be made with a solid colored
                  fabric. Does anyone know of pictures of this style that show patterned
                  fabric? I have a couple of great fabrics I'd like to use but they are all
                  large medallion patterns.

                  Thanks!

                  Victoria

                  14:40:00

                • borderlands15213
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 21, 2009
                    --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "Victoria Pringle" <victoriapringle@...> wrote:

                    > Ok, I am looking to make this
                    > http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/ApotheosisDetail.jpg style
                    > dress and all the dresses of this style seem to be made with a solid colored
                    > fabric. Does anyone know of pictures of this style that show patterned
                    > fabric? I have a couple of great fabrics I'd like to use but they are all
                    > large medallion patterns.

                    You're very observant!

                    Found one, at Bella's "Realm of Venus" site. This doesn't mean there were never any others.
                    Assuming you need just one to prove that not all ladder-laced front V-opening gowns were made of rich, *solid* colored material rather than embroidered or brocade or damask, on this page:
                    http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/wardrobe/artgallery3b.htm

                    ...scroll down to the 19th image from the top. It's a detail from Giovanni Antonio Fasolo's fresco, "The Concert."

                    Hope this helps,
                    Yseult the Gentle
                  • Deborah Lane
                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 21, 2009
                      There is also this one on my site. Paolo Fiammingo 1590's painting called
                      Dame Veneziane.

                      <http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/blue_court_gown.htm>
                      http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/blue_court_gown.htm

                      oops

                      found the better one of this image

                      <http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/curves/Paolo_Fiammingo_159
                      0s_painting_called_Dame_Veneziane.jpg>
                      http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/curves/Paolo_Fiammingo_1590
                      s_painting_called_Dame_Veneziane.jpg

                      There are images of wood cuts on this page
                      <http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/curves/my_venetian_ruffs_i
                      mages.htm>
                      http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/curves/my_venetian_ruffs_im
                      ages.htm that show brocades used on late open front Venetian gowns also.

                      <http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/bigger_and_better_things.h
                      tm>
                      http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/bigger_and_better_things.ht
                      m The shell dress undated and location unsure, looks to be 1560-70

                      Cheers

                      Deb
                      (Oonagh)
                      [Pagar le Pompe]

                      Oonaghs Own - Venetian Patrician Women's Dress Laurel [from the skin out]
                      and Accessories of the mid to late sixteenth century
                      <http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/>
                      http://webspace.webring.com/people/lo/oonaghsown/

                      If you find any broken links please let me know and I will do my best to fix
                      them.

                      _____

                      <mailto:Italian_Renaissance_Costuming%40yahoogroups.com>