hello

  • midevil_california
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 22, 2009
      hi there i just wanted to say hello to everyone and thank you for adding me to the list... i am from the placerville area of california and i am just getting into the sca thing again... i was once in for a short time when i was a child... so for the most part i am just new... i plan on takeing an italian persona even thought my name is english... and yes i am working on my storie for how that one happend but non the less here i am...

      i am curently working on a dress that is going to be awsome in the end... unforchnitly i bought the fabric befor i know that it was not a good choice but do to lack in funds i must finish it this way till i can get more... i hope that this group will help me to exsel in my sewing and one day i hope to have a 1st place ribon on a dress that i make....

      thank you for your time and you all have a wanderful holiday....

      Anabella de Lancret
    • Cilean_69
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2009
        Hello Anabella,

        I am glad or hope we can all help you with your needs!

        With this said? Can I ask you some basic questions, where in the Italian City States are you thinking of making your clothing from? And what time period?

        Also? Anabella de Lancret sounds more Norman or French than English, and as you know people will call themselves one thing and wear a completely different era!

        I know of people who have 11th century Irish names who will wear German 1500's so don't worry. Life is an experience and you finding the Italian City States as inspiration.

        However it would help to know what time period you would like to look at and/or what city state you would like to investigate.