hats in Florence (Hello Kat if you are looking)

  • swetiepeti
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22 5:04 PM
      well, I'm looking at hats for outdoors for Florentine ladies. Around the 1560s-70's if possible. I'm still working on a forever dress (one that has taken forever, not that will last forever, lol). Since I could not find much (you can see some hats far, far away in several tapestries for Eleonora) I did make an Italian bonnet patterned after an Italian men's bonnet with the top pleated onto a stiffened brim. It needs to be appropriate for a well to do lady's travelling dress. (colors are grey silk with navy blue appliques and gold trim on the overgown, white and gold on the undergown if that helps any). If no suggestion but halfway decent pics of hats that would be helpful as well. If I ever get the under and overdress done I plan to make a robe as well, not matching except in timeline, but good for that rare cold Texas winter
      and Kat, if you have a few spare moments sometime I know you specialize in Florentine and would probably speed me up to have someone to bounce things off of, as it's not the sewing, but the layouts (trim and such) that slow me down mostly) Thanks to all,

      Susan