Questions re Florence

  • Michelle Dean
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20 12:48 AM
      Well, I'm planning on going back next year. The same people who
      conducted the Costume Colloquium dedicated to Janet Arnold are running
      another conference called Dress in Dance.

      I'm not sure if I'm going to go to that, but I am going back to Italy
      in Oct/Nov next year - this time I won't have to skip Venice or Rome.
      Issues at work meant that my trip was cut in half - if my tickets
      hadn't been already purchased and the conference confirmed, then I
      would have had to cancel the entire trip.

      So, I'm in the beginning stages of the planning process. Woo Hoo!!!!!

      Michelle
      Canberra

      --
      Michelle Dean
      e-mail: michelle.dean@...

      "Oh bother," said the Borg. "We've assimilated Pooh Bear."

      Posted by: "Sharon Langlois" OselDronme@... oseldronme
      Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:19 pm (PDT)

      Dearest Michelle,

      Thank you so much for sending such specific information. I will become
      a lurker at the stores, I'm certain. They will think I'm a
      shoplifter... I was thinking of spending money in Italy on to-die-for
      sleeve fabric, and then when back in the US find more affordable silk
      for bodice and skirt. Sound reasonable? The trim store sounds a
      delight - it may kill me - la petite mort ;) And ooo Antico Setificino
      sounds like my undoing. I reason that I am a little overweight, so the
      food I would eat in 4 months could easily be cut in half, and the rest
      spent on slightly damp brocades, damasks, and silks (because of the
      drool) If you know of anything you really are lusting for - tell me,
      and I'll bring it. We'll figure the euro part out as we go...

      Grazie mille,

      Elena Dellaluna
    • Cilean_69
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 20 12:01 PM
        Yeah no

        I am not interested but they keep sending me loads of information on it so much I had to ask them to delete my email, I have had 20 emails in the past month or so, because I work with airlines and travel agents they are sending me all sorts of things.

        If they do another Costuming sort of thing in a similar time period, I would love it if they did a 40 year thing for Zifferelli's Romeo and Juliet something along those lines I would be there in a minute.

        I just don't see dance as a venue I would be willing to shell out ducats for.

        Cilean
      • swetiepeti
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 22 3:58 PM
          I've thought about going back as well. I was supposed to get to go to a couple other places but had bus strike issues. I also was not sure how much I'd like it and nine nights seemed like plenty when I booked. I'd also like to drag the husband along on an "eat your way through Italy" trip where we could just go, check out buildings, museums and eat wherever looked good and try out the local foods. Sadly, I'm married to a severe workaholic and so will be alone unless I could get stepdaughter to join. She likes to travel and the price (free except for extra purchases) would be right up her alley. Good luck on your trip next year