looking for information on Florentine Dress

  • Dianne
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
      Greetings,

      I'm new to the list. I want to made a first time Florentine Dress for an event next month. I understand the basic construction but I need some information on the details of the style. Dos and Don'ts. Information on shoes, belts, hats, veils...

      I also need information on a matching men's style.

      I've searched some "Florentine Dress" web sites but they are generally more fancy then I need to be.I'm going to be the site herald for the event so I'm going to be outside in 90 degree heat all day.

      Tamara
      Trimaris
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
        What era/year? What class? What do you mean by "more fancy" then you need
        it? Do you have an "Italian" persona that the dress is to be everyday dress?
        Please, a little more detail.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
          --- In Italian_Renaissance_Costuming@yahoogroups.com, "otsisto" <otsisto@...> wrote:

          > What era/year? What class? What do you mean by "more fancy" then you need
          > it? Do you have an "Italian" persona that the dress is to be everyday dress?
          > Please, a little more detail.
          >
          > De

          I don't know what to say. I don't have an Italian persona at all. I'm going to a Florentine-Carnival event and want a Florentine dress to wear. I see web sites with very elaborate clothing with very expensive fabric. Since I'm going to be working and sweating in the heat all day I don't want to wear expensive fabric --- maybe just sometime middle/working class?

          Tamara
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 5, 2009
            That helps. :)
            I was asking for era as the clothing in Florence changes.

            1475-1500
            http://festiveattyre.com/research/earlyflor/portfolio.html

            1500-1525
            http://festiveattyre.com/research/florentine/portfolio.html

            1525-1550
            http://festiveattyre.com/research/secondflor/portfolio.html

            You do not have to make the above styles in brocade and the like materials.

            Working class, various regions, mostly northern Italy, 1576-1600
            http://festiveattyre.com/research/wkclass/portfolio.html

            Dress diary of a Milanese dress
            http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/yourgarb/2008/Catarina.htm

            Florentine 1515